Sunday, January 18, 2009

Altered Address Books

(I'm still learning how to post and add photos to be patient as I learn how to make this more appealing :-)

I had so much fun creating these fun little altered address books. This first one I created for a partner swap in a scrapbook group that I'm in.

I covered the front and the back in coordi
nating paper pattern that is very thick using the super sticky double sided tape so there would not be any glue lines on my covers. Then I punched a hole in the back and front covers and ran ribbon through the eyelets to add a cute closure. I also tied coordinating ribbon on the spiral binding.

Then after covering it I put that super red sticky tape that was precut into the shape of a D onto a coordinating sheet of patterned paper and cut around that shape. Then I removed the red sticky tape and covered the D in those super tiny clear glass marbles...

I also made a matching pen that is covered in paper and then the sticky tape and then rolled in glass beads. I was surprised how easy it was to work with the glass beads and can't wait to use them again!!

The second book that I made I used the Urban Prairie Collection by Basic Grey! I love all the great colors in it!! I didn't do anything fancy with this one as far as techniques goes. I followed the same steps as above using the super double sticky tape to put the paper on the covers to avoid glue lines and went from there!!

Inside Cover
Back Cover